eWorks can ensure that your online content, tools and systems meet the Australian e-learning technical standards. We can either follow a standards-based approach when developing your new e-learning content, or adapt your existing products and services so they meet the standards.
Adopting a Standards-Based Approach
Technical standards should be considered in the development of your online training products and services to:
- increase accessibility for users
- ensure interoperability accross systems, browsers and devices
- increase shelf life (future proofing)
- make it easier to reuse or share your learning materials
- reduce ongoing maintenance costs.
Standards should be considered throughout the development cycle of your online learning, from planning through to content development, software procurement and delivery.
Key Standards for E-learning
eWorks can help you identify and implement applicable, recommended technical standards in the following areas:
- content formats
- users' operating systems and environments
- content packaging
- content repositories
- intellectual property.