What are Moodle Messages?
Moodle Messages give you updates on your Moodle sites, such as when a student submits an assignment for grading. These messages can be shown as a popup in Moodle, sent to your email and as a push notification on your smartphone or tablet via Moodle Mobile.
Benefits of Moodle Messages
Using Moodle Messages in this way takes the hard work out of keeping track of how active (or inactive) your students are. This allows you to respond and comment where appropriate, and encourage greater engagement where it is lacking.
Editing your notification settings
Although Moodle Messages are an excellent tool, we all have our preferred methods for being notified or receiving reminders. Follow these six, simple steps to edit your notification settings:
- Log into Moodle
- Select your name to the top-right of the screen
- Choose “Preferences” from the dropdown menu
- From the preferences screen, choose “Messaging”
- Remove ticks from those items you would no longer like to receive messages for, and of course add ticks where you would like to receive messages
- Select “Save changes” at the bottom of the screen
How to quickly disable ALL messages
Want to disable all messages? Simple scroll to the bottom of the screen and check the box entitled: “Temporarily disable all messages”, then select “Save changes”