Thinking outside the box ­- 70:20:10 and sunny days

Kylie McKeon, eWorks Accredited Consultant

eWorks’ Accredited Consultants are training, learning and development specialists that eWorks has selected to champion its learning solutions. These authorised agents have been chosen for their field and industry expertise, and work closely with eWorks to deliver high-quality e-learning solutions across Australia. Meet Accredited Consultant Kylie McKeon – a lover of the outdoors, the 70:20:10 framework, and everything e-learning.

Spring is here….well sort of in Melbourne, but there have certainly been some days when I’ve looked out the window from the training room and thought “If only we could do this training outside!”. How many times have you had that same thought? Or if you’re not a trainer, you may have wanted to take your work outside. With the adoption of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) and the implementation of more contemporary e-learning delivery, educators, trainers and students can now do exactly that this Spring and Summer – spend more time outside while still building knowledge and skills.

As an eWorks Accredited Consultant, I’ve recently had the pleasure of discussing with eWorks the better use of tools in blended deliveries. I have also discovered many new and exciting technology advances that have taken place in e-learning. I’m now more excited than ever about working with organisations to help explore and expand their paradigms regarding their training delivery options.

I’m a big believer in the 70:20:10 framework credited to McCall, Lombardo and Eichinger. The application of 70:20:10 in the learning and development arena can help organisations and learning and development professionals to plan improved learning strategies for an organisation by using tools that provide opportunities for more than just the traditional workshop sessions.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on the 70:20:10 framework and how e-learning and social media can play an important part in the learning and performance solution. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch to ask any queries that you might have, share your ideas, or just to have a chat. If at all possible I’ll be on my mobile device enjoying the sunshine…

Want to become an accredited consultant for eWorks? The Accredited Consultant Program offers everything a consultant needs to start delivering eWorks’ e-learning solutions. Comprehensive training is provided, together with full ‘eWorks Accredited’ branding.