TrainingVC’s live classrooms just got even better! BigBlueButton, the open-source provider of the learning management platform’s classroom integration feature, has responded to customer requests by releasing a new version with six major features:
- Recording: The recording of a session now includes audio, webcams (all of them), chat, presentation, and desktop sharing.
- Layout Manager: BigBlueButton now enables users to choose from a number of preset layouts to quickly adapt to different modes of learning.
- Text tool for whiteboard: Presenters can now annotate their slides with text.
- Accessiblity for screen readers: BigBlueButton adds accessibility by supporting screen readers such as JAWS (version 11+) and NVDA. A list of keyboard shortcuts has been added to make it easier to navigate through the interface using the keyboard.
- LTI Support: BigBlueButton is now compliant with the IMS Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) 1.0 standard. This means any LTI consumer can integrate with BigBlueButton without requiring custom plug-ins.
- Support for LibreOffice 4.0: BigBlueButton now uses LibreOffice 4.0 for conversion of MS Office documents. (Upload of PDF documents is still recommended to provide best results).
BigBlueButton also has a consolidated Users window for easier session management, and a more consistent user interface (including updated skin and icons) to help new users get started quickly.
If you’re looking for a learning management platform with the latest live classroom features and tools, take a look at the TrainingVC.